This Tip comes from gulli
Why searching for solutions to other problems, I just came across this and wanted to put it here for other people visiting.
The are some situations when connecting through DSL, Router etc. and some web sites can’t just be loaded. You can try the following below.
- Start> Run> and enter ping -f -l 1492 www.omotech.com
(or any other web address instead of www.omotech.com).
- You’ll see responses like “Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set”. Gradually reduce the number little by little (let’s say by 10), until the server responds with connection time (in my case 1472).
- Start> Run> Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>system> CurrentControlSet> Services>Tcpip> Parameters>Interfaces: you’ll find many folders with all kinds of numbers and letters. Search in these folders for the one that has your IP numbers.
- Create in this folder a new key (Right Click> New> DWORD (32-bit) Value) with the name “MTU”.
- Assign a new value to the Key. (Double click MTU)> enter the value you just emitted from the ping responses above (e.g 1472).
With a bit of luck, you should be able to get those web sites loaded
Posted in Networking, Web Design and tagged loading, Website by Stan with .